Judicaël Perroy’s Highlights
- Born in Paris, France.
- Began guitar studies at the Conservatoire municipal inter-arrondissements in Paris.
- Continued guitar studies at the École nationale de musique in Aulnay-sous-Bois, under Raymond Gratien.
- Performed two Vivaldi concertos as a soloist accompanied by the Ensemble instrumental des Concerts du Mans, conducted by André Girard, in the Theatre du Mans in Le Mans, France.
- Graduated summa cum laude and awarded first prize in the École national de musique.
- Second prize at the Concours international d’Île-de-France.
- After a couple of years studying Economics and Mathematics and not practicing guitar, he appeared at the 15ème Concours international de guitare René Bartoli and won the Grand Prize (awarded by the jury) and the Audience Prize.
- Earned his licence de concert from the Paris École normale de musique, after having studied privately with Roberto Aussel and Daniel Lavialle, and at the École with Alberto Ponce.
- First prize at the 7ème Concours international de guitare de Bourg-Madame, France.
- Professor of Classical Guitar at the École nationale de musique in Blanc-Mesnil, France.
- First prize of the graduating class of the Paris Conservatoire.
- First prize of the Guitar Foundation of America International Solo Competition, held in La Jolla, California, United States.
- Sixty-city tour of North America.
- Releases the album Paganini / Granados / Albéniz / Dodgson (Quantum).
- Releases the DVD Judicael Perroy In Concert (Mey Bay Publications), a live performance filmed at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas in February 1999.
- Appointed to the faculty at the Stetson University in DeLand, Florida, United States.
- Releases the album Aspen Suite (self-production).
- Participates in the album The Well-Tempered Koshkin (Soundset), in the piece Let’s Play Together with Nikita Koshkin and Frank Koonce.
- Releases the album Méditation, flute & guitare (Bayard Musique) with Florence Bellon.
- Releases the album Méditation, guitare & harpe (Bayard Musique) with Joanna Kozielska.
- Professor of Classical Guitar at the École nationale de musique in Aulnay-sous-Bois, France.
- Bayard Music re-releases his album Aspen Suite.
- Releases the album La magie de la guitare (Bayard Musique).
- Professor of Classical Guitar at Lille’s apPSEA (Association de préfiguration du Pôle supérieur d’enseignements artistiques), France.
- Taiwanese debut at the National Concert Hall in Taipei.
- Professor of Classical Guitar at the Pôle Sup’93 (Pôle supérieur d’enseignement artistique) in Aubervilliers, France.
- Russian debut at the Tchaikovsky Concert Hall in Moscow.
- Releases the album Bach: Transcriptions for Guitar (Naxos).
- Chinese debut in Chengdu.
- Releases the album Manuel Ponce: Guitar Music, Vol. 4 (the fourth volume in the Naxos’ Ponce collection).
- Appointed to the faculty at the San Francisco Conservatory of Music, United States.
- Releases the album Paris est une solitude peuplée (Contrastes Music).
- Appointed to the faculty at the Geneva Haute école de musique, Switzerland.
Content Featuring Judicaël Perroy
- Interviews: “I Try to Forget Myself During Teaching, Arguably One of the Most Difficult Things to Do”
- Releases: Upcoming Recording and Future Projects